Thursday 23 May 2013

Naming my Thermomix and ... outfitting.

Ok after reading entries on Facebook about naming Thermomix for a prize, I read through the comments and couldn't believe all the names that came up. I won't provide a link you all can search for yourselves. I think it was either Tenina's or the Quirky Cooking facebook page that ran it.

I then realized, I haven't named mine. It's been 1 year and 2 months (in 5 days) since I purchased my Thermomix. It's almost as bad as not naming your child within the first month... I do tend to talk to mine quite a bit while testing receipes or just randomly cleaning it. Maybe I should name it.

I'm sure someone has alrady thought of "MoMo". And I actually had a childhood friend with that nickname... so I feel odd using it. "Thermie" is the official Thermomix rep name on facebook... and I think Theo is too masculine for my TM... although the continual beeping sound does sound like: "is it ready, yeah I think it's ready, yup ready! Aren't going to get that, it's ready" in a male-ish sort of voice.

What dya all think of "MoMi"? a play on the name and play on the "mini-me" concept.

People always ask if there's other accessories for the Thermomix... This leads me to the concept of "dressing up" your Thermomix. A customer mentioned it does look plain, and they hoped it came in stainless steel to match all their shiny kitchen. So a quick google search (and knowledge my eBay account has this already 'favourited') revealed:
ThermoDress ThermoStickers for your Thermomix
ThermoSkins on Facebook or their website.
DecoTMX and many more...

There's also additional (non-official) cleaning brushes for the Thermomix, such as this.

I really like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment