Monday 7 May 2012

Baking night: Mighty Muffins for Puffins

Ok honestly who feeds puffins? I don't even work in academia.

I made banana muffins & savoury cheese scones/muffins! Post on recipe variation later here's some photos to tempt your taste buds.

The smell is driving me mad despite having a full dinner out! I don't know how many of these would actually make it to work.

Banana Muffins:
I read up on various recipes and here's what I used & did:

Ingredients:
2 large ripe bananas
100-120g Butter (room temp)
100g Brown Sugar (more if you like sweeter - original recipe said 180g, I nearly died from a heart attack. Bananas are generally pretty sweet already)
240 Self rising flour
2/3 tspn of bi-carb soda
1 tspn of vanilla essence or you can use vanilla pod ground/extract
2 eggs
3 tbspn of warmed milk

Method:

1. Add Sugar + Butter, Sp 4, 30 seconds to mix in
2. Add all other ingredients, Sp 4, 25 seconds.
3. Canola spray/grease up muffin trays. Pour in. / otherwise, use little cupcake paper wraps and just pour straight in! No greasing required.
4. Bake for 20 - 25mins on 180C.
5. Leave in tray for 2-4 mins, remove and cool on a cooling rack.


You can probably combine Step 1 & 2 together and have no problems!

I really like Savoury above Sweets. So Savoury Cheese Scones were next.
Ingredients:


Method:

No comments:

Post a Comment