Wednesday 5 June 2013

Thai green curry for cooking cheats

I'm a huge fan of Thai green curry and yes I realize you can make the Thai green curry paste from scratch in the Thermomix. It's Alan Quah's recipe in A Taste of Asia Cookbook. But I can't seem to justify making a wholetub of it for myself. Cooking for 1 or two is difficult and I'll never use up the paste (since it doesn't have preservatives, it's not like the jarred suff you can keep for months in the fridge). It does taste ingredible (I've made it before... but I had to throw 1/2 a bottle when I didn't finish it in time). 
 If you have a preferred brand of Thai Green Curry paste, let me know. I've been using this one for a while and it's my current favourite, but I'm keen to see what other ones taste like too. 

Ingredients:
1 medium brown onion
1 clove of garlic
1 dried chilli
50g olive oil
180g pork (in this case, you can use chicken or any other meat of choice - white meat or fish works best)
400g can of coconut milk
2 medium carrots (cubed/roughly chopped)
1 large zucchini (cubed)
100g baby spinach
Method: 
1. Chop & Stir fry onion, garlic and 1 dried chilli. Speed 5, 5 seconds.
2. Add 50g oil, fry on Varoma temperature, Speed 1, 3 minutes.
3. Add 2 tblspn of the Green curry Paste. Cook on Varoma temperature, Speed 1, 2 minutes.
4. Add (cubed/strips) Pork / Chicken or meat of preference. Cook on Varoma temperature, Speed 1 reverse, 5 minutes.
5. Add carrots & coconut milk. Cook at 100C , Speed 1 reverse, 16 minutes.
6. Add zucchini. Cook at 100C, Speed 1 reverse, 4 minutes.
7. Place spinach in Thermoserver, pour out bowl into Thermoserver, stir and leave while you make rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment