Wednesday 20 June 2012

Scones and Soup!

I love a hearty soup with the right breads. After a hint from a work colleague about a favourite soup being Potato & Bacon, I took a look in the cupboard and fridge on the weekend and decided that's a pretty hearty one to make.

The soup is pretty simple, follow the normal Potato & Leek (take out leek), maybe use some spring onions instead. Add a few slices of bacon with onion to fry up at Step 1 and of you go!

I had made the staple of 5 seed bread but it's really so yummy to eat by it self I didn't want to use it with soup! So I made scones! Cheeze and chive ones! Added dash of pepper and about 80 g of cheese or so.
A couple of different decent butter / dairy cheese replacement can be found at PAWS. Careful when you pick out margerines from the regular stores, a couple of the brands are actually not vegan-friendly.  

I shook out a Rochelle Adonis recipe and used the tip of flouring my "cookie cutter" before cutting my scones. The don't stick as badly and look prettier.

Before & After photos:
Absolutely delicious and quick meal on a Sunday winter's afternoon!

Before you start the soup, mix the dough for scones and set up for oven baking.

By the time the soup is done in 17 - 25 mins. You will have the scones piping hot (cooling down enough not to burn yourself). Watch out... cause I did burn my tongue on these.

I absolute adore easy meals. Feeds 4 to 6. In my family, that only went enough for 3. Too bad my stomach only allowed me to have 2 per bowl of soup! (But I managed to sneak in seconds and trick my tummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment