Thursday 29 March 2012

Baking night: Five seed bread (EDC)

We always buy the Helga's Five Seed Bread so I decided to try my hand at this recipe. Making the dough was easy enough, watching it rise and fall has been heart breaking. Still not ready but the seeds on top looks a bit burnt ;(

Learnt my lesson with the Hot Cross Buns. I pre-heated the oven, and left the dough in these baking dishes next to the oven to prove. It did double in size. Photo on the right was after 15 mins.









Lowered the temperature. We'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

Update: 9:15, ok have taken it out. Looks good... How am I going to get it out. Just realized I forgot to grease the trays.
Update: After midnight, it was cooled enough to slip a butter knife in to 'pry the edges' and then "turn it upside down to get it out. Of course I lost a bit of "seeds" from the top surface.
Hmm I wonder where the photo of the slided bread is...

Receipe success: 4.5 out of 5 stars (only because I forgot to flour the dish, the slightly burnt seeds actualy didn't mean it was burnt at all!)
Taste: 5 out of 5 stars. I'm so making this on a regular basis.

There is egg in this so for strict vegetarians/vegans - you would have to substitute with Ogran egg substitute or something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment