Sunday 25 March 2012

Potato & Leek Frittata

Due to my love of Potato and Leek soup, and the objections of my family to having soup (what they perceived to be ALL the time). I searched for something different. Ta-da... Potato & Leek Frittata - what a wonderful idea! And yes there's a TM receipe for it on the community or Google it. I can't keep to recipes so here's what I did instead. I used the Varoma to steam the potatoes.

Ingredients:
4 medium Nadine potatoes (peeled, sliced into 5mm thick pieces)
1 leek (white only)
50g olive oil
1/2 brown onion
1/2 cup of bacon (roughly chopped, approximately 2 rashers)
6 button mushrooms (sliced)
8 eggs
Parmesan & Cheddar cheese mix (80g of each, pre-grated in TM)
100g of cream * can use milk but use less so the frittata would set.
Pepper & Salt to taste
Water for steaming

Method:  1. Fill 1 Ltr of water in TM, add sliced potatoes to Varoma (tray & receptacle). (15mins, Varoma, Sp1).
 2. Remove Varoma, leave potatoes to cool. Rinse out starchy water.
 3. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
 4. Add onion, leek, oil to TM bowl (Sp6 to chop).
 5. Add bacon to TM (4mins, 100C, Rev Sp1). Listen for the sizzle. Remove from TM.
 6. Add eggs and cream to TM (Sp4 to mix). You can combine Step 4 & 5 but I wanted to carefully layer my frittata, if you combine the steps, keep blades on Reverse.
 7. Layer potato, then leek & bacon mix, fresh mushrooms - repeat if your baking dish has space.
 8. Pour on egg, cheese and cream mixture.
 9. Place in oven, 25-35 mins until frittata is set. I say 35 – in case you use milk instead of cream and also additional time to cook the potatoes.

Serves 6, with salad or another appropriate side. Photos forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment