Monday 12 March 2012

First TM branch meeting!

After the actual work stuff (stats, reporting & training) - which is important, comes the REALLY important stuff: Recipe Testing!

The recipes are from the Recipes Community cookbook (not available for purchase):
- smoked salmon mousse with dill
- stewed sweet soy pork ribs (pork belly used instead). This is very similar to the Asian stewed pork belly recipe, except I think it's missing a little something (cloves, star anise & ginger) or kecup manis.

It's all about personalizing. The recipes and interactive-ness of the recipe community makes the TM experience unique and helps cater to individual needs!!! Do I sound brainwashed?

(Oh gods, the pork belly smell is really distracting! Help! They're brainwashing me with pork belly!) <--- ok I'm a willing victim.

It's so simple too - from recollection *(being distracted by the smell and training):
50 g sugar
50 mL dark soy sauce
50 mL Olive oil
500 g Pork belly (chopped down to large cubes, if buying in strips chop to maybe 2cm pieces)
750g - 1kg of Spring onions chopped into large pieces

My memory is a bit vague on the timings etc. But I think it was Caster sugar to icing sugar first. Then add the dark soy and olive oil - cool/stir fry on 100 C, 2 mins and Speed 1 to heat up the 'glaze'. Add in the Pork belly, T100C, T10mins, S1(Reverse). End of 10 mins, add 1/3 of the spring onions. Repeat twice more (so in total cook about 30mins).

Embark on your Thermomix adventure today - let me share a recipe with you! :) If you're in Perth metropolitan area and want to see Thermomix in action drop me a message! If you're not sure about your area - still contact me and I'll find out who would be best suited to come to your location in WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment