Thursday 29 March 2012

Baking night: Hot Cross Buns (EDC)

Is it a hit or a miss? Waiting for it to cool down so I can try some!

The dough didn't rise as much as it should've as the evening was quite cool. I rolled it out and made a dozen none the less.  


It really didn't bake long enough, so next time when the recipe says 200C, I will endeavour to obey!

I put it back in the oven for another 10 mins and then had to toast it with butter spread to taste. I think making my own powdered cinnamon and cloves in small batches doesn't work as well. I mean I was using much less quantities so it made it hard for the blades to mill everything. If I used more - storage could become an issue.
I'm really not a huge fan of cinnamon. The flavours were right and the sugar content was fine with the sultanas and cranberries. The 'cross' recipe made too much, also I need to work on my "cross piping" technique.
Receip success: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Taste: 4 out of 5 stars (I'm biased and I re-toast them to eat)

No comments:

Post a Comment