Tuesday 13 March 2012

Juicing potential verified

A purchased bottle of 'fresh' juice can cost from $5 to $15 these days for a litre or so.

There are many health benefits of raw fruits & veg, especially the 'peel' or 'rind' we all often throw away.

One day I thought, I crave fresh orange juice but damn I don't have a juicer. Someone at the cooking class had to remind me I could use the TM as a juicer, just need to strain the pulp out.

So here's mom's request for the first juice mix. (I saved us all from the added raw carrot... And offered the oranges & lime... Can you imagine just celery & apple?)

Ingredients:
300g celery
300g granny smith apple
1 small lime
2 valencia oranges
1.5 ltr of water (in two batches)

Method:
1. Chop all veggies into quarters [20 seconds on Speed 8]
2. Add 750 mL of water or as much as up to max
3. Whiz again [8 seconds on Speed 6-7]
4. Strain through the little strainer basket.
5. Repeat Steps 2 to 4 until color has lightened - taste from the residue has depreciated.

I only did two batches of water - resulted in 4 full highball glasses of psychedelic lime yellow colored juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment