Saturday 10 March 2012

TM Minestrone

This should've been posted earlier - I didn't really think this could be filling enough for a main dish so I made this thinking 'entrée' like how you would get watery minestrone at local cheap Italian restaurants - this is why I don't usually order minestrone. I'm not a huge fan of the sour tomato taste.

I used extra veggies, it seemed a waste to only put less than 1/2 a zucchini in and same with just 1 carrot. I doubled the vegetables. Lessened the pasta amount to about 100g.

The result was more delicious than expected but then again I was also using one of best friends and her husband as guinea pigs. Sadly, he was already traumatized by bad meatloaf before. I'm afraid this didn't change his mind. Might have moved his opinion a bit towards the positive side ... By an increment of a small inch.

I think it tastes a bit dry, but the original TM recipe was meant to have a watery sauce. No butter or dairy products were used, however, I accidentally left in some mince...

So the TN bowl was contaminated by meat... Otherwise this recipe would definitely be vegan friendly!

Must work on presentation/playing a bit more.

Rating: 4.5 Stars - I'm usually not a fan of minestrone but this was heart and full of flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment