Monday 12 March 2012

TM creamy tomato & salami fettuccine

Page 89 of the EDC.
 
I came home after the meeting a bit peckish, but also realized at 10:20pm with the night's dinner being left overs from the weekend, I had nothing to bring to work for lunch.
 
A quick look at the pantry and fridge, yup, I had almost all the ingredients for this recipe. Of course I substituted the following:
  • Can of Roma tomatoes (I didn't have fresh ones)
  • - Angel hair pasta instead of fettuccine. I had at some point bought angel hair instead of the spaghetti no. 5. Never seem to have fettuccine on hand. OT: I'm also our of spirellini or mini spiral pasta.
 
I also doubled only two of the veggies, com'on what am I to do with 1/3 zucchini left in the fridge? I mean I already have a huge jar of TM vegetable paste, my next batch might be two weeks from now. And the capsicum did look a bit on the small/medium size.

Luckily dad bought me some salami while he was wondering the Hyde Park Community Fair earlier this month, 1/2 kg roll. I was at a loss as to what to do with all that salami - other than throw a party and snack on antipasto & drink copious amounts of red wine.
 
Well, now in 1 hour of dawdling and sampling sauces, snacking on salami - I tossed through some baby spinach & sprinkled some parmesan Reggiano, voilà I give you the fruits of my labour.

Of course I couldn't help but have a small bowl to taste-test.


Rating: 4.5 stars.
Next time will remember to not toss in the baby spinach, but blanch them first - the colour rentention of the green wasn't so nice the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment