Thursday 8 March 2012

Pumpkin, sweet potato & carrot soup

The basis was the TM recipe. I didn't have a full 500g of pumpkin, only 1/2 a butternut pumping. So I added 1 medium sized sweet potato. 2 medium carrots instead of one.


Since I made the TM veggie paste, I just used the left overs in the TM jug and kept going with the soup. That was plenty. Vegan Boy liked it. I'd say 'Loved' it but he really didn't express the level of enthusiasm that would allow me to use the word "Loved". Maybe veganism does take away your taste buds... sends them on a long march away from the taste zones and into concentration camps in the midst of no-where...

For the meat lovers, I also had a Mondo's steak pie. Which was luckily just in the fridge and ready to oven bake. Really nice but sort of not relevant to the TM blog, but I'll post a small photo anyways.

The soup was enough to feed 6 (serving full bowls each time).

Rating: 4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment